Holidays are fun filled breaks from our usual routine. There are several holidays through out the year. So lets take some and discuss the correct clothes to wear.
- Valentines dinner out or a party – Wear something red or pink. If a dress is not what you want to wear then plan on white or beige slacks with a red blouse. The blouse can have a bit of shimmer to it or be a red satin.
- St. Patricks Day – Do wear something green. There are many green blouses and deeper green slacks. Or choose a simple black pair in a dressy fabric.
- Easter – Do wear pastels for Easter as it is all about spring. A beautiful pastel dress with a white sweater is a good choice.
- Fourth of July – This is a good time for red, white and blue. This is not difficult to put together. But do avoid going overboard. Do not wear the flag.
- Outdoor Summer BBQ – Wear a light weight summer sundress or shorts and a casual top. Not a time to dress up.
- Halloween parties – Wearing black pants and a sparkle top in black is a good choice. If you have an orange satin blouse that also works. Unless you are positive that it is a costume party do not just show up wearing one. Always check ahead on thre dress code.
- Thanksgiving – Do wear rust, browns, golds and beige. Khaki is a good choice as is a decorative vest. This is a great time to dress the family in similar colors. Photos will be made so do try to coordinate everyone. If you are a man wearing a nice pullover sweater in oatmeal or grey is a good choice.
- Christmas – This is the time to pull out the sparkly dresses in shades of green or red or gold or even purple. This is your time to shine. Most families have the traditional dinner and to that wear slacks and a nice decorative sweater. But for parties in the evening do wear extra sparkle. I would suggest not wearing reindeer antlers or flashing Christmas lights to an office party. A very safe bet if you are not sure what to wear is a pair of dressy black slacks and a top in red or green satin. But if you are going out to a Broadway Christmas show then wear a floor length dress that shimmers.
- Hanukkah – Wear something in silver, white or light blue. This will separate it from the Christmas holidays.
- New Years Eve – Have fun with this night. Celebrate with wearing silvery items and purple. Lots of shimmer and if you are going out dress in layers as it could get chilly.
Remember, do try to find out in advance what people are wearing. Its best to not under dress or over dress when in doubt. You only get one chance to make a first impression.